One of the toughest things to do when you are looking for a new home is finding the right realtor. There are way too many to choose from, and you don’t know which ones have been around long enough to do the job of selling your home the right way. We struggle helping people make that decision, so we just try to educate them on what they should look for, and the type of realtor that may best be suited for them. Most of the time, buyers and sellers are going to look at realtors websites to get a good feel for them, or they will want to call a few realtors before they actually hire someone.
We find that searching the web for Youtube videos can be a good idea for buyers and sellers to see a potential realtor on video, and see if they like their personality. See below for an example:
These videos are fantastic because you can see who you might be working with, and also you can check out the way they carry themselves on camera! Most of the time, you will find a realtor who will be very personable, and if they are willing to get in front of a camera to showcase their personality, they are going to also be pleasant when you start to work with them.
Something to consider when looking for a realtor:
- Are you looking for a specific age of realtor? If you are over 50, and would rather work with someone who is relatively close to you in age, give that some thought.
- Do you want to work with a male or female? This is also important, and can be a big decision when it comes to hiring a realtor. Age and gender are the two most important things to look at when you are buying or selling your home.
- Are they personable over the phone? If you’re buying a home, you want to find a realtor that asks a TON of questions. This is so important because you want a realtor who not only asks a ton of questions, but also asks all the right questions. Buying a home can be an exhaustive process if you don’t have your exact criteria lined out before you and your partner or realtor.
- Do they have the support in place to help you quickly? We mean do they have people to help them write contracts, get offers out quickly, communicate with other realtors? If they say they don’t have the ability to get things done very quickly, you might not want to hire them.
- Lastly, if they say that they can get your home sold, or help you buy a home in a certain amount of time, you might want to search for another realtor. Any realtor who says ‘I will help you buy or sell your home within 30 days in any market’ is not worth going with in the first place.
For more real estate tips for your properties, contact us anytime.